Sunday, April 7, 2013

It's Almost Time


I love a rainy night.  The air feels all springy and soft, and the rain is banging against the patio.  'Good sleeping weather' everyone always says.  I'm afraid I took my nap this afternoon and spent too long at it.  I'm going to pay for that now.

Took a zofran a short while ago hoping to at least make a dent in the nausea.  I've lost too much weight in the last 10 days.  Once you've stopped eating it's very hard to start again. Big surprise to me!  I couldn't tell you one thing that I want to eat.  I can get it in my mouth but swallowing it is another matter.  I stopped watching the Food Network because my stomach would just clench at the sight of food.  I love Food Network normally.

Today was the special "blood day".  I had to go into the infusion center for a CBC.  Blood count was 6.7, which explains the deadly tiredness that holds me in it's grip.  Platelets were 27.  On Thursday they were 19, and that means that I actually made platelets myself!  On Thursday my hemoglobin was 7.6, which means I didn't make any blood.  I have an appointment for 2 units of packed cells on Tuesday.  It takes that long to get blood for me because I have so many antibodies.  I have a hard to match blood, and end up with 'least likely to cause a reaction'.  That means a dose of Benedryl through the port, which is a mind-blowing experience and Tylenol.  Keeps me groggy for a while.

Well, anyway, I should feel stronger for the trip to Indy on Wednesday for the dreaded bone marrow biopsy.  This thing scares me on 2 levels.  The first is the painful procedure itself.  The second is that it will say if 3 cycles of chemo/Vidaza have made any changes at all.

My laptop came.  Just mine, no sharing.  I haven't felt like doing much on it, but I am doing this blog post on it.  The first one.  This thing has Windows 8, which is not so bad when you figure it out.  They should all come with a small how-to.  Just one instruction on it.  How to find "Start".  Once you've figured out where everything is, you are ok.  My problem now is how to transfer my huge files from the desktop to this one.  The DVD burner refuses to work, just quitting in the middle of the burn.  The old thing has Vista with 1 1/2 GB memory.  A problem to solve when I am feeling better.