Thursday, April 25, 2013

Here We Go Again - Cycle 4


My 'week off' was over as of yesterday. I started my 4th cycle. On the 18th my numbers were: hemoglobin 7.9 and platelets 11.  No infusion.  On Monday they were: hemoglobin 7.6 platelets 11.  Again no infusion.   I did not think that was so bad but I really wanted them to be good.  Yesterday they were: hemoglobin 7.2 and platelets 9.  White cells stay between .09 and 1.5.  They were 1.3 yesterday. No improvement in the numbers.  Dr. O said that I would be doing at least 2 more cycles to see if they improved.  She is pleased with the bone marrow.  So I have day 1 of 7 down.

I am just about ready to go and get day 2 of 7 over with.  After a while without Zofran, I am back on.  I was actually very sick last night.    I should be used to it. On Friday, day 3 of 7,  I will get chemo and then spend the rest of the day in the Infusion Center.  It will be 2 units of blood and 1 unit of platelets.

On Saturday my eldest daughter will turn 40!  Does that make her old or me old?  What a conundrum!