Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Cycle 4/Day 5

On Monday, chemo day 4, test showed my hemaglobin was 8.3, which is good.  I had the 2 units blood and 1 unit of platelets on Friday and actually hung on to some of the blood.  Unfortunately my platelets were 6.  So today I took my chemo early, then went to the infusion center and got 2 units of platelets.  For some mysterious reason sitting for hours tires me out.  How does that work?  My backside falls asleep making me wonder why at least a part of me isn't refreshed when it's over.

When I get chemo daily I stay accessed.  You can close your eyes if you want, but here is my port accessed.



They just plug me in.  Simple and no needles, blood or bruises......:)

While I was gone today a packet came with papers to fill out, instructions, directions and the appointment to the bone marrow transplant doctor.  Whoa.  Nerves and chemo do not mix!  After everything I've had to do, I did not think I would be so nervous when I had to "go there".  I have less than 2 weeks to deal with the nerves.  I'll deal with it. I hope......