Thursday, April 18, 2013

By the Numbers


I'm on my 'week off' chemo.  I get a week off to see if my numbers will improve.  Monday (the 15th) the numbers were the same old thing.  Hemoglobin 6.9 and platelets were 14.  So Wednesday I spent the day in infusion getting 2 units.  Today, it was again test time.  After spending Wednesday getting 2 units of blood, my count this morning was: hemoglobin  7.9 and platelets 11.  Only get infused when hemoglobin is 7.5 or below and platelets are 10 or under.   So the next test is Monday.  It takes 2 days to get blood for me because of my  weird antibodies.  By then, if I don't build up anything, I will be so tired.

 My life seems to revolve around numbers.  A frustrating way to live, that's for sure, but it could be so much worse.  So I will just be grateful for the good things happening.