Saturday, March 30, 2013

One Bad Night


On Friday my blood count was 8.0 and platelet level was 4.  I was covered with petechiae, tiny pin point bruises, so I knew it was low, I just had no idea how low.  Since the Infusion Center is not staffed after 6, and to transfuse you must have 2 RNs present, I had to go to the hospital, and upstairs to a room to get the platelets.  I did not get home until after 11 p.m.  I was stressed and had a monster headache.  I will not write the horrible experience I had, only that I do not want to ever go to that floor again.  Not that anyone will ever listen and let me go elsewhere if it happens on the late or over the weekend again.

There was a bright spot in the evening though.  I met an old friend from high school.  I had not seen her since then.  That part was great.  We graduated the same year.  (1972)

On Monday it is back to normal.  Monday is blood day.  We'll see if this one 'took' and if the pounding in my ears is left over stress or that my blood level is now very low.  I've forgotten what life was like before.

One great thing. I ordered a laptop.  How do you sit and wait patiently for it to come in?  I am not a patient person.  I am very excited about it!