Monday, March 25, 2013

Cycle 3/Day 6

Today was day 6 of chemo.  It was also "blood day", better known as CBC day.  I knew that I still felt like my count was low, but I was surprised since I got 2 units of blood and 1 unit of platelets on Friday.  The test today said my blood count was 7.1 and my platelet count was 6.  Less than a week ago my platelet count was 12, then with the infused platelets it should have been good.  So, I got the talk, no sharp playthings, no shaving and no bruising.  Right.  Life is full of all of them.  I have to admit that I am shaken.  This time it lasted only 2 days.  No change in my numbers and more need for blood doesn't seem like things are looking up.  Now I am very worried about the next bone marrow biopsy.

Another 6 hour day in the infusion center.  I'm very tired.