Saturday, March 23, 2013

Another Long Day

Yesterday, Friday, I started out with my chemo (Vidaza).  Then off to the infusion center for 2 units of blood and one of platelets.  I have to admit I was quite happy to get there as I was slightly dizzy and so tired.  It was a long day though.  I got there around 10:00 a.m. and left about 4:00 or 4:30.  I have many antibodies so the blood seldom matches exactly but, the first unit did.  Surprised the nurses too!  Unfortunately the second unit was the "least likely to cause a reaction" which meant Tylenol and intravenous Benedryl.  I wanted to go to bed the minute I got home.  I tried to stay up but fell asleep despite my intent.  It was a 10 hour night for me.  Very stiff sore morning...  I never feel great right after I get blood, but the dizziness was gone.  This afternoon I will notice a difference.   The nurses in the Infusion Center are wonderful.  I also give thanks for the people that donate blood.  

On a lighter note, my sister is on vacation.  She sent me photos of where she was  earlier this week.  Noccalula Falls in Alabama.  It was my favorite place when I was a child.  We could not go down to visit family without stopping there, mostly just to make me happy.  Loved the photos!  Lots of text messages from her too.

Sheri