Monday, June 10, 2013

Ready, Set, Go?

I know, it's been a while.  There has been a lot happening here and my energy level is just 0. I won't go over my numbers since mid-May, mostly because it is the same old thing.  I was transfused on Sunday but do not feel better, stronger or refreshed. Just exhausted.  I will be getting a CBC in the morning.  I know I will need platelets as I am becoming covered in ugly petechiae (tiny purple/red pinpoint bruises).  I won't stay to see what the numbers are as I won't have time. so they will have to let me know by phone. I have another appointment in Indy.

My sister was tested to be my donor but was not a match. My brother was then tested and matched!  What is even better he wanted to be the one to match so bad. I worry about if he will be ok.  I have been assured he will but you never know what is just around the corner.  He is worrying about me. He says are you sure you're ready to do this? They are very honest about everything from the beginning so he knows all the risks.

Today I only had 4 appointments. Last week I had 7 tests in one day. Today it was easy and tomorrow there is only one, a class.  I will be getting a POA and a living will done, too. After tomorrow I will not have to go back until admission, unless something crops up to reschedule it. So far my brother and myself have passed all the tests.  Everything is ready.  If there is a reschedule, it will be only days or a week.

I am ready.